It may seem far away, but nothing could be further from the truth: in a few weeks the Amsterdam Pride and Antwerp Pride will start again. Time to bring that rainbow flag back up and show your pride! What you can expect in these editions: lots of parties, games, food and booze. Just like every year, it promises to be a festival of love and warmth. We already give you our highlights.
You do this in Amsterdam
Saturday, July 28
– From 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. the Vondel Park is transformed into an open-air theater.
– Enjoy various performances and be informed at the Rainbow market.
– The Milkshake Festival is organized by Paradiso and Club Air in the Westerpark. Many fun and performances guaranteed. You can still come here on Sunday 29 July.
Friday, August 3
– Don’t miss the one and only Pride Drag Queen Olympics at 5 pm at the Gay Monument. With disciplines such as the 100 meter Stiletto Sprint and Handbag throwing it promises to be an exciting evening. The only thing you have to take to participate? A wig and heels.
Saturday, August 4
– The highlight of the Amsterdam Pride is the Canal Parade. Eighty decorated boats sail from Oosterdok via Amstel and Prinsengracht to Westerdok. The parade starts at 12.30 pm. An hour earlier than previous years so be sure to be on time. You really don’t want to miss this party.
– In addition, Saturday night is party night. Be sure to take a look at Club NYX and Club Church. Fun guaranteed.
Sunday, August 5
– Wet your chest for the Pride Closing Party at Dam Square. From 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. you can throw your dance legs off on the coolest, latest dance beats from Dutch and international DJs.
– For those who want to make it more hot and sweaty, there is the Rapido party in Paradiso concert hall. Most gay guys are already here at 3 p.m. when the party breaks loose and continue to dance until the early hours. Warning: it can get hot.
And this is what you find in Antwerp
Wednesday, August 8
– The karaoke bar in Antwerp, Bonaparte, presents itself as the “Bonaparte Rainbow Bar” for the occasion. No karaoke bar this evening, but a Tranny ok bar. Start your day with a hearty cocktail and finish it while singing on the stage! Special guest this evening is Sally Monella.
Thursday 9 August
– If you like to go in a latex suit or other fetish underwear, go straight for once. Straight to The Kinkys, the hottest Private Gay
Cruising Club in Antwerp. Start at 7 p.m., admission is € 11.
– More in the mood for a quiet evening at a restaurant? JBZ productions organizes a Thaï dinner with a musical dragqueen show. Guest? Destynee Williams. a
icket costs € 49.
Friday, August 10
– Those who like a challenge must be on the Meir for the High Heel Race. Sports enthusiasts, high heel fans, adventurers, it doesn’t matter who you are, everyone is welcome. Even better? You can win fabulous prizes and your participation is completely free. Additionally you will also find drag shows and special acts.
– In Club Cargo you have to be three nights in a row to celebrate the Pride Night.
Saturday, August 11
Today is the day! De Antwerp Pride Parade start at 2 pm on the Vlaamse Kaai. Make sure you’re there.
Sunday, August 12
Unfortunately, it’s time. The last day of the Antwerp Pride Head to the cruise terminal on Steenplein at 12:00 for the Closing Festival. Celebrate the end of a fantastic journey to equality and acceptance.
What to wear to the Pride?
No idea what you will wear during the Antwerp Pride, then we have an idea for you! Inge Onsea, designer of Antwerp fashion brand Essentiel, is supporting the Antwerp Pride this year. Especially for the occasion, she is launching a capsule collection. The collection will be for sale during the Gay Pride under the name Gay x Fashion.
You can find more information at pride.amsterdam.nl and at antwerppride.eu
-The Pride Special can be found in edition 11. Don’t miss a single issue? Subscribe now to The Gay Issue!