Vegan raspberry cheesecake cups
A new year, that includes good intentions. Maybe you want to lose weight, maybe you want to eat healthier or maybe you don’t want anything. Some people decide to change things drastically around this time and, for example, go for a vegan lifestyle. Being vegan is sometimes a bit tricky, but no less tasty! These raspberry cheesecake cups are actually a dessert, but can also be eaten for breakfast.
What do you need for these vegan raspberry cheesecake cups?
For the crust:
- 130 grams of almond flour
- 5 to 6 dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 200 grams of raw cashew nuts
- 180 ml almond milk
- 150 grams of fresh (or frozen) raspberries
- 15 ml of lemon juice
- 90 ml maple syrup
- 60 grams of coconut butter (you can also use 60 ml of coconut oil)
How do you make the vegan raspberry cheesecake cups?
- Soak the raw cashew nuts in lukewarm warm water for 3-4 hours
- Soak the dates in hot water for 2 to 3 minutes. If you do not use Medjoul dates, let them soak for a little longer
- Mix the dates, the almond flour and the vanilla extract in a food processor until it becomes a good sticky whole
- Take a cupcake mold (preferably a silicone mold) and press a teaspoon of the mixture into the bottom of the baking mold.
- Add all ingredients of the filling, except the coconut butter, into the blender. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth
- Add the coconut butter and blend again for 2 minutes.
- Divide the filling over the baking tin.
- Freeze it for at least 2 hours (an entire night is recommended)
- Remove them from the freezer 15 minutes before use.
Enjoy your meal!